Visits

19 September 2014

Sayyid al-Istighfaar

Sayyid al-Istighfaar

On the authority of Shaddad ibn Aws, may Allaah be pleased with him, the Prophet, , said, 
​"​
The chief of prayers for forgiveness is:






Allaahummaa anta rabbee la ilaha illa ant(a),
 O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshiped except You,

khalaqtanee wa-ana عabduk(a),
You created me and I am Your servant

wa-ana عalaa عahdika wawaعdika maas-ta طaعt(u),
and I abide to Your covenant and promise [to honor it] as best I can,

aعoothu bika min sharri ma sanaعt(u),
I take refuge in You from the evil of which I committed

aboo-o laka biniعmatika عalayy(a),
I acknowledge Your favor upon me

wa-aboo-o bidhanbee, faghfir lee
and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me,

fa-innahu la yaghfiruذُّnooba illaa ant.
for verily none can forgive sins except You.

​"​
If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it and dies before the morning he will be from the people of Paradise.
​"​
Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318



​-----   -----   -----   x   -----   -----   -----
 
 

Raise your words, not voice. 
It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
 

No comments: