Visits

16 September 2014

The Integrity of a Man and his Prayer

The Integrity of a Man and his Prayer 

It is reported that Abu Al-Aliyah - Allah have mercy on him - said: 
I would travel for days to a man to hear [knowledge hadith] from him, and the first thing I would check about him is his prayer: if he performed it properly I would stay and hear [knowledge] from him, but if he neglected it, I would return without hearing from him, and I would say, 'He will be even more neglectful of other matters'. 
 
Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi, Al-Rihlah fi Talab Al-Hadith article 22; Al-Dhahabi, Siyar Alam Al-Nubala 4:209. 



"If Allah has written for you happiness, no one can steal that from you and if He has written for your heart to break, then no one can mend it but He, so always put your trust in Allah."

No comments: